Friday, April 6, 2007

Yes, I spelled "smorgasbord" correctly the 1st time


Yesterday was the kind of snow that gives snow a romantic reputation - for ten minutes late in the afternoon, my humble New York City turned into a cinematic snow globe. Then I got to see the metal hardware that is going to be used to hang Robert DiNiro's curtains - what a weird perspective I'm starting to have. They were very Art Deco.

Here's #6:

This is one of them Holly-wood sets where the world is painted up,
sourcing sky-lips out of time. A certain still.
Chain linked message all swirled up into
a wild world where nothing happens.

Squishy goodness of A-merica sandwich time, the
plastered sensation of a table, a plain setting.
Flattering outlines all let go on
this slab, much like the blue blood in my first DiPalma.

Tremble goes to flotsam.
Flotsam goes to sleep, smorgasbord of the undead.
Heaping mess of Dazzleberry pie. Up to our arms in
canoe berry.

2 comments:

Nathan Austin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nathan Austin said...

That's funny -- when I read this one last night, I assumed the "sky-lips" were a reference to that Man Ray painting has Lee Miller's disembodied lips floating in a sky. And the photos that depict various figures reclining on a couch below the painting in what I presume to be Man Ray's studio...

Also -- have you thought about putting a line-break after "where" in the first line?